New Year's Resolution of a Shopaholic

It's really difficult to admit that you are a shopaholic. Speaking of which, I am. Well, I meant I almost turned to be one--nearly there. God, that is awful. I have been shopping dresses too much, or so I thought. But, well, I always have reasons for buying those dresses. I need them. Yes, I do. See, excuses are so easy to find. I can even find a thousand excuses for my spending. But, to be honest, I am pretty sure I haven't been a shopaholic, yet. I've told you, I was almost there. Other proofs to be sure I'm not: I never spend too much money on dresses, or shop too frequently that I couldn't buy other necessary stuffs, or be attacked by high fever when I could't get the dress that I wanted. On top of all, I knew how to stop. So, here I am, promising myself to stop shopping those darn cute dresses for good. I promised myself to specifically stop visiting this particular website that has been my favorite for dress shopping since May this year. I won't tell you what because it will just remind me and drive me to visit the website again. Worst, it can be a perfect advertisement to lure yet more customers to shop there. :-D


Speaking of promising something for myself, it's a very perfect moment to do that. Well, it's almost the end of 2011 and the new year of 2012. Perfect, right? So, a promise to stop shopping will be one of the resolutions for the upcoming new year. The question is, "Can I keep my promise?" Well, I don't know for sure. I can't guarantee at all. At least, I can promise myself to try my hardest to fulfill that promise. 


So, why was I almost trapped in the shopaholic world? Confidence. Okay, it may not make sense at a first glance. This is my reasoning: Building confidence is not easy, no to mention the many sources that can contribute to or boost your confidence. Some people find confidence in the things they read. Some find in the things they wear. Some find in the things they believe. Some others find in the things they keep in the banks or other forms of investment. Still, some others, find confidence in the warmth feelings given by the people surround them. Where do I find mine? In mostly all those above. The problem is these sources of confidence complete each other. I can be confident because of what I'm wearing (say, a cute dress). But, I can lose this confidence pretty easily when the people I love tell me that the dress doesn't look good on me. Fortunately, I have angelic people around me, whose endless support is always there for me. Nevertheless, as confidence comes from both the inside and the outside, in order to feel confident, I have to feel good about myself. I feel good when I know what I am wearing is good, for instance. That is why, I believe that if I wear nice clothing, I will feel good about myself. When I feel good about myself and when the people around me make me feel the same, I have all the confidence I need. But, I guess I have enough dresses to make me feel confident with my look that I don't have to buy more ;-).


To sum it up, I find confidence in the clothes I wear, in the books I read, in the beliefs I hold onto, in the people I love, in the money I have in my saving account, and in countless other things. So, to be confident that I will be able to stop shopping those darn cute dresses, I have to trust myself and be trusted and supported by the people around me. I need me and my friends to say, "You can do that!" I need me and my friends to say, "You have enough clothes to always make you feel good on every occasion!" 


That's just me :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memboyong Keluarga Kuliah di Luar Negeri: Bagian 1

Is PhD REALLY a Lonely Journey?: My "Crowded" Journey

Jangan asal SCOPUS®